- 30% of the total Advanced GCE marks
- Candidates are required to answer all questions.
- 2 h written paper
- 120 marks
Databases - Normalisation
3.3.9.b: design a simple relational database to the third normal form (3NF), using entity- relationship (E-R) diagrams and decomposition;
For AQA 3.3.2 (Yr13-2013) and conversion to OCR F453 (Yr13-2014) including Programming Paradigms and Standard Algorithms.
2 - Recursion
See F452 Recusion PP
Follow up exam questions - not in 2010 or 2011
3.3.5 Data structures and data manipulation
- explain how static data structures may be used to implement dynamic data structures;
- describe algorithms for the insertion, retrieval and deletion of data items stored in stack, queue and tree structures;
- explain the difference between binary searching and serial searching, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each;
- explain how to merge data files;
- explain the differences between the insertion and quick sort methods, highlighting the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of each.