Basic Objects and MovementLesson Focus - Introduction to the development environment.
In today's lesson:
- (4) All will be able to create a new actor and add them to the stage.
- (5) Most will be able to move them around the stage in a controlled manner.
- (5) Some will be able to experiment with direction and multiple actors.
- You will all be able to explain IFs and have added one to your game – level 5.
- Most of you will add Random Turning behavior – level 6.
- Some of you will add Random turn amounts in both directions – level 7.
- All students will create a new actor class for power ups – level 5.
- Most will add interacting code so their player can ‘eat’ the power ups – level 6.
- Some will refine their code into methods with comments – level 7.
Rest Day 1
- Complete ALL the objectives so far.
- Understand the theory from previous lessons:
- Classes Objects Methods Ifs Random Numbers
- Using images we like we will have created a theme that we are happy with.
Our games are getting increasingly complicated and will continue to do so. Today:
- Everyone will learn about commenting code and comment theirs – level 5.
- Most will improve their code with methods – level 6.
- Some will use the DRY principal to independently create another new actor that eats their player! – level 7.
- Everyone will create a new enemy actor using the DRY principal – level 5.
- Some will use their knowledge to create power-downs or other artefacts that can enhance game play – level 6+.
- Most will add keyboard control to their games.